Children’s Ministry Director
(Part-time, 12-15 hours per week minimum)
The Children’s Ministry Director serves as a counselor, teacher, and friend to the children and families of our church. The Children’s Ministry Director oversees all ministries related to children and their families.
Will work under the guidance of the Christian Education Committee and report directly to the Pastor as Head of Staff.
- A mature Christian faith.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a positive outlook and be able to both take direction and take initiative.
- Enjoy interacting with children and their families.
- Thinking critically and creatively: See problem solving as an opportunity for growth.
- Background in the reformed tradition is preferred.
- High School diploma mandatory; B.A., B.S., or higher degree is preferred.
- Select age-appropriate curriculum to disciple children.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate workers/volunteers for Children’s ministry events.
- Select, organize, and lead regular and at least quarterly special activities for children of the church.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
- Organize and lead Vacation Bible School.
- Communicate with the pastor to develop appropriate ways to involve children in weekly worship.
- Regularly communicate clearly with parents: including responsible use of social media.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in the life and worship of the congregation.
First Presbyterian Church of Sand Springs
222 N. Adams Rd.
Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063